- 30 minutes
- For 3 People
6 pork chops (both bone-in and boneless are fine)
1 bottle BBQ Sauce (feel free to use your favorite variant)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Generously sprinkle the pork chopswith salt and pepper on both sides or season as desired. If possible, do this a few hours before and throw your pork chops back in the fridge.
- Coat the bottom of a casserole dish with barbecue sauce.
- Arrange pork chops on top of the sauce in a single layer
- Cover the pork chops with more barbecue sauce and sprinkleon the onion slices and any other aromatics you’d like to add
- Bake for 30 minutesor until the pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 145 Fahrenheit.
1 cup ketchup
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Stir ingredients together in a saucepan until sauce is evenly mixed. If you’d like to thicken your sauce or give it a slightly more complex flavor, simmer it over low heat for up to an hour. Everything’s fully cooked, however, so feel free to pull it off the stove whenever you’d like.
Your barbecue sauce can have anything you want in it. Try using apple cider vinegar instead of white wine vinegar or skip both and use wine instead.
You can make your sauce spicer by adding ingredients like cumin or pepper flakes or even skip the cayenne altogether for a milder experience.